Tuesday 27 March 2012

2012.01.01 Kim Hyun Joong... KIM AND I IN A SPECIAL RELATIONSHIP

Credit & Wrote by LazerKim
Posted on 2012.01.01

Image 


We have met Kim Hyun Joong in a different episodes of his career. Some of you must have met him way back when he was still with his group SS501, some must have watched him first at the airing of Boys Over Flower or Playful Kiss, and some from the launching of Breakdown and Lucky Guy as his first two albums as solo performer. Which ever episode of his career that we first met him, each one of us has a story to tell on how we started to get crazy about Hyun Joong.

It’s so amazing to think of it, Hyun Joong and his fans has a strong bond that stick together no matter what, specially those who have met him during his SS501 days. Many of his fans network who had started as strangers to each other had build strong friendship because of Hyun Joong. And some may have started to dig for information on who Kim Hyun Joong really is in real life.

So how did you meet him? How was he able to capture your attention? Do you feel much closer to him after knowing more about him? Have you reached the point of being addicted to Hyun Joong that you wanted more from his music, drama or TV appearances? Do you seek for ways on how you’ll know more about him and while doing so the closer you get to him?

These are just but natural to be starstruck, let’s share our experiences about Hyun Joong and compare notes on how we started to go crazy about the guy. I’m sure we’re on the same boat but had embark on different ways.

Image 


Do you remember the flower boy at Boy Over Flower Yoon Ji Hoo? You rarely see this boy’s image nowadays because he had already outgrown that image. I first saw Hyun Joong at Boys Over Flower, in fact I don’t even know his real name but I fell in love with the character of Yoon Ji Hoo, a very handsome rich high school boy who’s soft spoken, gentle, protective, withdrawn from the real world and lonely. Back then I was more interested on the plot of the drama rather than the actors.

After BOF the next thing I read about Hyun Joong was when he switched agent to KeyEast in 2010 owned by my first favorite Korean actor Bae Yong Joon. That was the only time I knew his name was Kim Hyun Joong and that his first project under KeyEast was Playful Kiss.

On my birthday five months ago as I was browsing You Tube I saw this photo……

Image 


The caption says “Kim Hyun Joong Break Down”…….oh no this couldn’t be him!!!  I started watching the video of Breakdown but I still couldn’t believe my eyes as I watched this guy in black short hair, well developed muscle in black leather suit and dark glasses. I searched more videos of Breakdown and other latest videos of Hyun Joong from 4pm till dawn at 5am straight up.I was burning with curiosity searching for that flower boy I have known from BOF and started asking myself what happen to him, where did that flower boy gone?

From that day onward I research on Hyun Joong’s history and background, I went over with all the videos I can find at You Tube, in short I was totally glued on him. Until such time I tried finding ways to get information about him further and I came to discover Twitter, Blogs in getting updates, news articles and fan’s post all about Hyun Joong. The You Tube and Hyunnies Pexer’s blog became my best friend as a way for me to connect with Hyun Joong.

Image 


The days that I couldn’t get anything to read or watch became boring for me! I go over Hyun Joong’s TV appearances, talk shows, whatever I had in my file about him, I watched it over and over. Apparently I never get tired watching him specially his interviews which lead me to having personal knowledge about who Kim Hyun Joong really is.

How well now do I know Hyun Joong to fall for him like crazy? Well, Hyun Joong is blessed with perfect looks and he knows it but never brag about it, on the contrary in a talk show Night after Night he admitted he still envy other actors for being handsome. He humbly embrace his weak points and work hard to improve. He never pretend to be someone he’s not.

He seldom smile specially to strangers or being in strange place. He seem to be like an aristocratic snob but he can easily give in to the smile of others. He’s candidly honest about anything, he’s transparent and would like his fans to accept him for what he really is, good or bad, that’s him. His 4D personality is the most interesting trait that he has, and anything he does even his own mistakes looks cute on him!!

And among other artists, I think he’s the only one who constantly change his image from time to time, and when he does, as if you’re facing a totally different person. In short, he’s one unique individual that anything he wear suits him perfectly.

He has the power transform himself in just a glimpse. He has the power to let you listen to him, the power to make you laugh, to make you cry and to make you fall in love with him in his most simple way.

Image 


There were also Hyun Joong’s detractors or critics and every time I read harsh comments about him I felt hurt. Can’t help to think if I as a fan gets hurt reading harsh comments about him, what more would Hyun Joong feels? Although I have considered him to be professionally matured in the industry that he’s gone used to criticism but still he’s just but a human being who can also get hurt.

I admire Hyun Joong’s fans, who go after his critics and defend him in a calm, matured, rational approach. I don’t belong to any KHJ’s fan club but I’m proud of them and proud to be one behind the scene. Oh yes, I remember Hyun Joong guested at a talk show Lee Sora and she commented about KHJ’s fans to be well behave and well mannered, which I agree. The fans do cheer for Hyun Joong but they know their limitations and strictly follow. On my observation even the official KHJ fan blog they seem to be more approachable and responsive in a kind manner.

Image 


Looking at the entire picture between Kim Hyun Joong and his fans seem to have mutual respect with each other. I believe Hyun Joong has a soft spot in his heart that belongs only to his fans. I can remember how Hyun Joong broke down to tears during his SS501 last few concerts as he thank his fans for their support. Then another event was when the group accepted an award during their starting days, he broke down to tears that he can hardly speak to thank their fans. And the recent event as solo was in June 7, 2011 when he read his letter to his fans. What he had gone through must be tough but his fans remained supportive as ever.

One statement was made by Lee Sora as his message to Kim Hyun Joong,  translated as

“There is a way when all that one hears and sees can be possible when all the strength are combined together. So I sincerely believe that everything Kim Hyun Joong works hard for will come true to the degree that your fans collectively give that force and strength to you”.

This message was so inspiring and apparently it came true, because from the time Hyun Joong released his first two mini albums, he had been receiving awards from here and there, his fans were all busy voting at the polls, his albums selling like hotcakes and anything he touches or work on turns to magic success.

Image 


Many of us has been a part of Hyun Joong’s struggle and success, and again what drove you to be at his side? The time he was made to be make a tough decision leaving his SS501 tag, you were at side sharing his tears of pain leaving his most precious friends.  The time he was on struggle for doing solo which was not an easy challenge, you were there to spare him strength. You willingly take a bullet of criticism from his detractors and patiently defend him so as not to hurt him.

You were there to support when the polls call for his votes, and all the time wherever he performs you’re there at the top of your voice cheering for him and when it’s time to harvest his awards you were there to cheer for his ultimate truimph.

As it became his and your struggle and success, it’s remarkably special relationship between Kim Hyun Joong and you, his fans. There will be another challenge Hyun Joong has to face this year 2012, will you still be there standing by his side?

Image 








No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.