Tuesday 13 March 2012

Kim Hyun Joong… [article] EXTRA THOUGHTS

Credit & Wrote by LazerKim


By LazerKim: Upon waking up in the morning and having Kim Hyun Joong in mind was the very first thing that popped out from my brain, just makes you feel great and energetic to start your day with a smile. I know, we all do miss him, but we fully understand well enough what he’s up to, we’re matured and considerate because we trust the guy who’s doing well right at this moment. It’s a nice Monday morning to start with work and putting a smile on your lips can even brighten up your day. Well, I’m happy to be back home and done with chopsticks and Japanese food!! Cheer up it’s Monday!!!

This morning as I woke up, check on my emails, and overnight, I got a bunch of comments from my comment box from everywhere different nationals which started my morning really great!! Because I felt the love from Hyun Joong’s fans to him. Many fans now do share their experiences about him, and that gives me inspiration and a lot of inputs that I can also share with you. In a basket of fruits, not all fruits are perfect, there’s always one or two which is not so good. And that happened to me this morning, not everything I read is always good.


I happen to passed by at other’s blog site, a post written by a KHJ fan, as she claims to be. Prior to this article draft, I wrote the first one with the same title, was a bit out of fury, but hold it, I don’t want to post anything that was made out of anger. But it’s good, I was able to burst out emotions and leave it. And so here I am, trying to be gentle as I could. The post was about suggestions in a most mannered term, although the post doesn’t appear as so.

But before I go on, may I suggest if in case you happen to have any suggestion addressing to KeyEast which would mean business pertaining to Hyun Joong, I think it would be better to come up straight to KeyEast have your suggestion written in black and white, and send it through email or snail mail. I think this is the most appropriate and professional way, rather than posting it! I believe KeyEast is a professional company and not a fly by night agent, that KeyEast management can easily respond to your suggestion in their most professional way.

And if we have any suggestions to Hyun Joong, I think it would be better to write your personal letter address it under KeyEast, as he appreciates it better rather than posting it! Come up straight to the person concern and state your piece. By this way, you will not be misunderstood by others who might read your suggestion or criticism, by post it!!.

I believe Hyun Joong is not a self centered artist, he’s a professional and would take your suggestion to be considered. For me, it just doesn’t appear good for a fan to be publicly criticizing her idol in a wrong way and in a wrong judgement of Hyun Joong. It hurts because I’m a fan, it makes me think that the writer of that post barely knows Hyun Joong. Because if she knows who Kim Hyun Joong is, I’m sure she’ll have the second thoughts of posting as such.


Here it is for a better understanding about the said blog in random.

First 1st, The writer is a she, stated that it is not advisable for Hyun Joong to go for a world tour this year unless her suggestions are being followed. Hello!!!

My respond #1: KeyEast, I would consider a prestigious company, having a chain of various business entity, therefore I firmly believe KeyEast has a team of business strategist. Having said this, I don’t think KeyEast will dive in any business project without brain storming. Now I can tell you, I may have a small-scale of readers, but I can tell these articles had reached the following countries: Poland, France, Israel, Russian Federation, Canada, Romania, Arab Emirates, Netherlands, Morocco, Argentina, USA ect. not to mention Asian countries.

Please don’t misunderstand I don’t mean to brag about this, this would at least shows that Hyun Joong’s presence had already gone outside Asia. And most of these nationals do leave comments in my comment box and sends email letting me know from where they are. The actual daily scale is being recorded and reported at wordpress daily, which I have a scale of countries who has taken interest about Hyun Joong.

I myself was quite surprised, it may be in small-scale of readers but my point is, the name Kim Hyun Joong had already reached beyond Asia and mind you, USA ranked above other countries for the whole week. I would certainly believe this because there were high demand from US fans, a proposal for a visit from Hyun Joong in US. I got the scale report everyday on which country my articles go. And so I think KeyEast is right about their plans. Hyun Joong’s purpose is simply just to reach out for his fans in every part of world who are identified to be U;zoosin!! For what purpose would that visit be? To thank Hyun Joong’s every fan from everywhere, for the continuous success he has been gaining, through sharing his music.


Second 2nd, The writer stated her suggestion to KeyEast, “You have to put Hyun Joong to variety shows KeyEast”. (Demanding in bold letters!!)

My respond #2: I miss Hyun Joong so much as you do guys, but I’ll content myself on watching his old video clips than putting him on these shows. Are you aware of over exposed image can sometimes lead to deterioration of a celeb’s image? Because people had gone used to watching you over TV, there will no longer be that feeling of missing that celeb, and when he goes out for a concert to perform, do you think people would still buy ticket to watch him if I can watch him at least once a week for free? Of course doing drama is quite different.

If you’re a host of a regular show, I would certainly get tired of you, and besides, if I watch that show, it’s no longer him whom I would take interest, of course it has to be the guest of the show. This idea totally downgrading Hyun Joong’s talents, how can he develop his talent if he’ll just be standing as a show host?? I don’t want Hyun Joong to be included among the celebs that’s like being sold for as bargain items, I would like him to be at the section of one of a kind items with class rare item. I mean, I’m taking this out like a commodity as an example. To go guesting on these shows once in a while would be fine, but please, the guy has a natural touch of class.!! Let’s not ruin it just because we miss him.


Third 3rd, ”Image”…… The writer stated that Hyun Joong should find a consistent image and stick to it. “Music”………the writer said, Hyun Joong should find consistent music sound and stick to it. And that, in Hyun Joong’s image change there should be concerted effort, in short there should be agreement or maybe a consent from the public that Hyun Joong will change his image. Oh my God!!!

My respond #3: This idea about image and music is short of saying, let’s have pasta for breakfast, lunch and dinner for the whole week and months!! And the writer’s idea that there should be a concerted (mutual agreement) effort with the public that Hyun Joong is going to change image from now on!!! Come on!!

Let’s face a little reality here. Any part of Hyun Joong’s body is his private ownership, including his clothes it’s his property, it’s his life. I think this writer had gone overboard being a fan. Why should a celeb notify the public that he’s gonna cut his hair, he’s gonna change color of his hair ect before doing so? What right do you have to even suggest it to Hyun Joong??? Hyun Joong is not anyone’s property, his whole being completely belongs to him alone. This is the first time for me to hear that a celeb should ask permission from his fan that he’s gonna cut his hair!!! Are you Hyun Joong’s wife to reprimand?? He’s still single and uncommitted!! May I just clear that matter. Nobody owns Hyun Joong.


Fourth 4th, The writer said, Hyun Joong’s likability slowly eroded after the reality show he did entitled We’re Getting Married. His image seem “manufactured”…not even sure of what his direction is.

My respond #4: Everyone knows that right after WGM, Hyun Joong did Boys Over Flower and from here on Hyun Joong’s popularity started boosting until at present. What was she talking about?? My apology, but I think the writer barely knows Hyun Joong. KeyEast had already layout their plans for Hyun Joong this year, I think we do understand Hyun Joong’s career direction, if you have read my article Back to Studio, everything was written there. The writer also mentioned about Hyun Joong’s acting ability. I’ll leave that part since Hyun Joong is currently on regular training with his acting couch.

Fifth #5: The writer said, Hyun Joong’s songs are only favorites of Hyun Joong’s fans. It hadn’t made much of an impact with the general public.

My respond #5: I hate it whenever she writes “general public”, as if the writer is the representative of the general public to speak for them!!! This is just not fair. Where’s Hyun Joong’s Bags of Awards!! Isn’t it the entry of Hyun Joong at MAMA was Breakdown, his first album? It was in this album that Hyun Joong attained recognition, being awarded as Best Male Solo Performer for 2011. He was able to receive three trophies for Breakdown at any weekly music chart, and this music piece was at top rank no.1 at any music billboard chart when it was released.


Another thing, Hyun Joong was being compared to some celebrities hosting variety shows success. I researched on this particular celeb mentioned, this host had been sitting there for eight years as solo artist. Hyun Joong debuted in June 2011 as solo singer, he barely had just started. Hyun Joong even did a better start since he was awarded immediately after his debut as solo artist. The difference is too wide to compare in terms of experience as soloist.

A TV drama for this celeb host last for two or three months, so what would he do if he doesn’t have a project, go hosting!! But Hyun Joong is a multiple talented artist, why would he resort on TV hosting? Artist who doesn’t have much project offers, simply content themselves with simple job as hosting. This job is a fall back for other celeb, who doesn’t have much project offers. But Hyun Joong is different. Hyun Joong has a dream, he doesn’t need to earn more than he gets. Those artists may just be contented with their ability, but not Hyun Joong, he aims to develop himself.

I honestly had a very good morning today, but after reading that post, my morning just fell apart!!! Aigoo!!! May I beg your indulgence my dear regular readers, please just allow me to say this for once and for all, addressing to that writer. Before I did all my articles or before I attempted to write, it took me some months to research all about Hyun Joong. To the extent of putting myself into his shoes so that I can understand him not only as an artist but as a person in reality.

I admit I may not know everything about him, yes, but I think I knew enough to be called a fan of Kim Hyun Joong. But before I write I would make sure at least not to leave my readers hanging questions in their minds. Or if I did, I would go on with my research and find answers. I actually did this, when I wrote Fans and Idol, I left my readers doubtful, but I found the answers and I’m going back to that article to answer, the article entitled Hassle Fans.


Why am I writing this article, First, I have considered other fans who might shared the same opinion as this writer. Second, as I mentioned earlier it doesn’t look nice at all, for a fan to be criticizing her idol publicly. As a loyal fan you know how it hurts whenever Hyun Joong is being unjustly criticized, what more coming from a fan who just carelessly post her criticism to Hyun Joong. It’s her opinion that we have to respect, fine. But let’s put our opinion to its right place and in a proper mannered way, that may reflect to our personality.

Third, I would just like to clear it out, suggestions should be address to the person concern, I just find it unprofessional if I would make suggestions to a reputable company and just post it anywhere. I feel it’s disrespectful. Internet is good if being used wisely, not because we are given space and freedom to speak out, there’s a better way of doing that specially in terms of business, through email is the best, but definitely not in a post it.!!

I think I still have to go on writing more about who Kim Hyun Joong is. I just feel hurt for him every time he’s being criticized specially from a fan. And I honestly hope Hyun Joong won’t be able to read that blog entry, oh it’s good he can’t read English!! Or in case he would, at least reading from this article would let him know that we’re defending him from whoever criticizes him. Hyun Joong had already trusted us just as much as we trust him. I’m not saying let’s go blind about Hyun Joong’s short comings, definitely not. But we all know him, we know his weak points yet we still embrace him all our hearts, that’s why it hurts. I felt bad this day, because I wasn’t expecting anything like this from a fan.

I remember, last night I was reading an experience from a fan who cried out because she was worried she won’t be able to see Hyun Joong in his fan meeting, but another fan spared her a ticket so as to be able to enter the venue. You can read her experience in my article Hello Critics. I was so touched by her story, and this morning I was happy because one of the fan made a marathon reading over my articles about six articles I think, and she left comments on every article she read, that can be shared with others too. I just love doing this because we learn from each other in a friendly atmosphere. It’s just not being a fan as the essence of my articles but what we can learn from Hyun Joong and his other fans. And then I end up reading a post that……….I don’t know.


I certainly hope that writer would be able to read this article and I hope she’ll be enlightened by what she had missed to understand being a fan of Hyun Joong, and understanding Hyun Joong as an artist who has a dream, and person who’s very loving and considerate. I don’t know I just feel so shameful. You know, Hyun Joong is just so nice to be criticized. Oh yes, in fairness, she said she’s just concern with Hyun Joong. I would agree but the concern is over killing in a wrong way I think.

There are better ways of showing concern, if only she had directly address her sentiments to the people concern. At the same time, I get worried if other new fans would come to read that blog, the first question in her mind would be, if you’re a fan of Hyun Joong, why do you criticize him, what else are you doing in front of him, if you can’t take him for what he is. So there’s an immediate negative reaction. And if media picks it up, well, we have a long journey to defend Hyun Joong.

These are the consequences that, that blog may create, that’s why I get worried, hurt, angry. I just hope others realize, that once we open our lips we have to think first. This was why I trash my prior article before this. Because being angry can only make anyone a loser and I don’t want that. Hyun Joong is always a winner, and so we are. They said sometimes when you get hurt, you come to realize how much you cared. And so this explains why we the loyal fans of Hyun Joong feel the pain whenever he’s being attacked. I can take a bullet of criticism so as not to hurt him. Let’s give some extra thoughts for Hyun Joong’s sake.

Kim Hyun Joong is awake looking forward for another day with us in his heart…….. LazerKim here writing

Photo credits as tagged, thanks.



No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.