Thursday 29 March 2012

Kim Hyun Joong… [article] ACTOR’S GUILD

Credit & Wrote by LazerKim


By LazerKim: Many Korean producers have been trying to develop young artists into acting, specially those who are from the Korean Pop idol groups. Kim Hyun Joong started from the idol group SS501, before he was offered on his first acting project Boys Over Flower, and as we all know it was a huge success. Producers are being encouraged to pick from Korean Pop artist basically because there are indeed many handsome artists within the Kpop community, and most of them are already popular. And so what happen to those actors who belongs within the Korean Drama category? Well, I think they’re slowly fading from the lime light. At least this is one thing I have notice lately, the concentration on choosing actors are within the Kpop category.

I used to watch a lot of Korean drama, in fact it’s already been years that I have forgotten all about the Hollywood and my local showbiz. I have certain list of Korean dramas that I can watch repeatedly that I haven’t gone tired watching. And Kim Hyun Joong had changed all of those!! Anyway, Kpop actors has been criticized of course by the international fans!! The trend is getting higher having Kpop artists doing dramas, unfortunately I haven’t watched any Kpop artists doing drama after BOF. The last drama I have watched was Lie to Me which I think is good, and currently the top rated drama The moon Embracing the Sun, which is also a good drama and had gained a very high TV ratings.

There’s an actor that used to be on my list of favorites, and this actor is quite good specially in doing martial arts. I have watched almost all his dramas and I’ve notice there’s only one specific character that suits him perfectly. He had done three consecutive historical genre and it had all good ratings. After doing these dramas he switched to two modern action drama which did not rate as good as the historical genre that he did. And now he’s I think he’s out of the lime light. Oh he got married by the way, I would consider it another factor as to why his popularity just dropped down.



Most of the actors stick to their image on and off camera, and so I was thinking about Hyun Joong has the ability to change his image, I would think any role will be good for him. Since Hyun Joong had done barely two dramas with the same image but different character, I would think he’ll be a good actor given the chance, I think he will excel. Switching image may be difficult for other actors but that’s gonna be very simple for Hyun Joong, because he’s already been doing it constantly. I believe Hyun Joong has a very good potential and with just a little polishing here and there, he’s set to be on the go for acting.

Kim Hyun Joong was interviewed after his filming AEON ad commercial, using Kiss Kiss as the music theme of the commercial ad. In the interview, one of the question was “what kind of a drama would you like to play”? Hyun Joong replied, “I want to play the role of Roronoa Zoro in the Japanese manga One Piece”. This had caught my attention, for one thing I heard him mentioned One Piece, which I have heard in his first concert tour in Japan at the Q and A portion of his concert. I didn’t get it at first, what’s with One Piece anyway!! And so I researched on it.

And so I got it, Hyun Joong wanted to play the role of that anime character named Roronoa Zorro!! Was this one of Hyun Joong’s 4D strike again?? This is not new to everyone, since the character was in his cellphone, but since Hyun Joong mentioned the character again and this time he mentioned that he wants to portray the character, I deliberately look into it. Quite honestly, I find the character interesting as I browse over it and I think I’ll end up reading the entire story of Roronoa Zoro!!! But was Hyun Joong joking about this?? Let’s pretend he’s not!!



Roronoa Zoro is a pirate former bounty hunter and one of the main protagonist of One Piece. Zoro is an average sized muscular young man. He almost always carries around his three swords, bundled up with green haramaki or ob sash over his right hip, allowing him to easily draw them with his left hand. Zoro normally keeps a black bandana tied around his bicep and ties it around his head when he is fighting seriously against his opponent. Zorro wears three identical gold earring on his ear lobe.



I’m trying to visualize this image on Hyun Joong, and he definitely looks a very handsome pirate. Zoro is a sword man and a very good one, well, this must be very challenging, it’s like Song Il Gook’s forte, as he did Emperor of the Sea. If Hyun Joong will be given such character, why not? If he’s gonna be the Prince of the Sea!! But in reality, a pirate is a pirate in short a thief!! But this Zoro is a thief for a good cause like Robin Hood, the Prince of the woods. Well portraying such role needs a lot long preparation in martial arts choreography. There’s nothing wrong with trying for experience, why not.


Actually, Zoro Roronoa has a similarity to Hyun Joong, Zoro is a sleepy head even manage to sleep through bizzards and bad weather often waking up when everything’s over and yawning curiously at everyone. He has a funnier trait of unnatural ability to get lost even in small spaces.Like Hyun Joong, Zoro loves drinking too!!!




If you remember, Hyun Joong already did the pirate concept at Mnet 20′s Choice as he performed Breakdown using the concept of Pirates of the Caribbean. Actually that version is my favorite among Breakdown he had ever performed. I like that the most. What Hyun Joong wants to do is simply a challenging role of a real man. He wants to portray a character that is beyond his true character in reality. In acting, a good actor can be called a good actor if he acts contrast to his true character in reality, that’s acting. If the actor was able to deliver a convincing character out of the plot, then he’s doing it right.

As I read the character of Roronoa Zoro further, I try to visualize Hyun Joong in it. Well, let’s wait and see, if he’ll be able to attain his dream pirate role!! Oh I hope he’s not kidding about it though!! I like watching historical genre, sword fighting and martial arts, it’s gonna be a big challenge for Hyun Joong but I believe, in anything that was worth working hard for turns to success.

We do have our own personal preference in choosing the dramas we watch. Hyun Joong as an actor would like to portray different roles for every drama project he’ll work on in the future. Hyun Joong has the ability to change image which makes him a unique artist. What ever he wants to work in his projects, we’re here to support him all the way, that’s the role we’ll portray being his loyal fans. Eventually, little by little he’ll be able to portray those personal preference that we have. This is just a matter of time, Hyun Joong can only gets to improve or develop his acting skills if he’ll be given many chances to do so. We may have our choice of drama to watch, just the same with Hyun Joong he has the choice what he wants to portray. Whatever it may be let’s give it to him.




Again, critics will be just around him, and you know what to do with them!!! LOL!! As Hyun Joong walks his path there will be obstacles and we get rid of those obstacles for him!! So as he can walk smoothly as he develops himself. We as fans are very lucky, because our idol has many talents. One can never get tired of him because you see him in many different angles being an artist, today you see him as a singer and dancer, tomorrow you get to see him as an actor, and maybe the following day he’ll surprise you he playing his instrument while singing. In short, we don’t need to eat pasta for breakfast, lunch or dinner!!


I enjoy writing this article simply because I do miss Hyun Joong doing drama since it’s been a while since he was last seen at Playful Kiss. But then again, whether he performs a singer dancer, or acting, it doesn’t matter at all because I’m here to support whatever he want for his career life. Hyun Joong has a very good potential in all his talents and there’s still a lot of time to develop those talents. And while he’s doing so, let’s stay with him, let’s be his cheerers as we stay together watching him in this process of developing himself.

Kim Hyun Joong will never be alone anymore in his struggle to develop, because his fans will always be at his side all the time…………… LazerKim here writing.



No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.